Monday, March 24, 2014

DIY Neon painted stool

red neon stool

I can't get enough of neon hues! I've been wanting to have a flashy red stool for ages and I guess the time has come that I just needed one in my life. I got so inspired that I rushed to my local shop and picked up a tin of neon paint. Luckily I already had a stool at home, waiting to get it's new fluo life.
Red is quite unusual choice for me but I have to tell you - I'm extremely happy with the final result. It's not that it's colorful, it's shockingly colorful! It's unbelievable how a can of paint can transform the simplest of furnishing into a statement. As you may have noticed, not only the stool is new here, I also got myself a new cactus friend. We don't hug but we get along quite well ;)
So the vibrant stool and the cactus resulted in a little styling shoot. The camera didn't quite capture the true color...but believe me - it is NEON!
 


Making neon stool was definitely 'good for my soul' and I love it!
Painting a stool is really simple and it doesn't require step by step instructions but I will share with you what I did.


You will need:
A stool
A sand paper
Neon paint of your choice



What I did:
First of all I washed my stool, then I used a sand paper to create a smooth painting surface. When my chair was ready I spray painted it with Crafts Spray - twice. If you want your stool to have a equal look, paint it first with white paint and then with neon. You might also want to cover your newly painted stool with a protective finish. Here you can also see my before and after... :)


step by step tutorial

Do you have any neon objects at home? What is it?

♥ Follow Passion shake on ♥ Bloglovin ♥ Pinterest ♥ Facebook ♥


Linking up to these GREAT parties!


...still few days left to join our International Giveaway!

15 comments :

  1. Aga no wyszło po prostu designersko na maksa !!!!!!!!! fotki z tym stołeczkiem bajeczne !!!! a farbę dobrałaś sobie cudną !!!!!!aż mi się stołka zachciało w takim kolorze !!! buziaki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Długo zastanawiałam się nad kolorem...miał być jak mawiają oczo*** :P I w końcu padło na czerwony. Chociaż w rzeczywistoći wygląda jak mix czerwonego, różowego i pomarańczowego...w każdym bądż razie ma taką moc, że jak wyjrzysz przez okno w moim kierunku to pewnie będzie go widać! :))) Dzięki wielkie! Buziaki :*

      Delete
  2. That color is gorgeous!!!!! It fits in your space so well and that cactus plant is the perfect adornment. LOVE IT, Aga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutly I loved it so much! It looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this color, you did an amazing restoration! I personally do not have any neon objects, but now i'm thinking I may need at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've being painting lots of stuff these past days..I'm more a pastel kind of girl, but after reading this post I think I'm going to try something neon too!
    Love how you set pictures
    <3
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Czerwony jest bardzo szczęśliwy kolor, bardzo lubię!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that color! It looks awesome. I would love for you to linkup some of your projects at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool idea. Maybe I will have a go. I have one plain boring stool waiting for some action. Just have to decide on the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great before and after! I love that you chose neon. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super ten kolor!bardzo odwazny! zdjecia niesamowite:) podoba mi sie na maxa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is craft spray? Would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way it turned out! It looks so pretty with the pop of green from the cactus!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like