Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My bedroom - DIY nightstand

nightstand styling, modern

Hello my dear friends! How are you doing? Today we are going to have a little sneak peek into my bedroom. I'm still working on creating the gallery wall above the headboard so for now I can only share with you, my new, non-traditional nightstand.
I just love it! It is nothing else than a wooden crate, polished with a sand paper and covered with a layer of matt varnish, but it truly adds personality to the room. In my opinion books are a nightstand essential which is why this solution works really well for me - all the current books, magazines I read are close at hand without covering the entire surface. On top of it, you can find a lamp, a frame and a candle. Is that really all I keep on my nightstand? I wish! But the reality shows otherwise. Usually you might find there a few other things, but I was trying to make it presentable. The glass of water or my earrings don't necessarily have to be shown in the photo, do they?
It was meant to be a temporary solution, until we find a real, furniture-like table but it made the room look so much more interesting that... we just can't let it go! 

nightstand styling


nightstand styling


modern, eclectic, scandinavian style

What do you keep on your nightstand?

Follow Passion shake on  Bloglovin Pinterest Facebook

Linking up to these lovely parties!


Come join our giveaway!

http://www.passionshake.blogspot.com/2014/03/1st-birthday-happy-giveaway.html
 

26 comments :

  1. Aga ja będę miała pieńki malnięte na biało ...wasza skrzyneczka jest świetna !!!! chyba nie ma ładniejszej szafki nocnej ,a na pewno nie ma ciekawszej!!! a ja narazie sobie marzę o sypialni uchhhhhhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki Aguś :)) Też myślałam o pieńkach ale nie wiem gdzie bym wtedy trzyymała książki - bo i tak zawsze lądują obok łóżka ;)) Pieńki wyglądają super.... nawet mam jeden brzozowy, narazie stoi spkojnie i czeka aż go dopadnę :D

      Delete
  2. Cudo. Bardzo mi sie podoba. Ja właśnie dzisiaj zamówiłam sobie moją "szafkę" do sypialni, bo teraz mam wszystko na podłodze;))) - też będzie nieco inna:) I marzy mi sie jeszcze tapeta Cole&Son Woods. Wszystko zaplanowałam, czekam tylko moment szaleństwa zakupowego, bo tak na chłodno, to ciąglę sie powstrzymuję. A planów mam tyyyyle, ze ho ho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh jestem strasznie ciekawa co to będzie :) Nie mogę się doczekać!! Oj też miałam obsesję na punkcie tej tapety ale powoli mi przechodzi i przyszedł szał na białą, ceglaną ścianę (wcześniej była naturalna cegła). Nawet zastanawiam się czy nie podjąć się DIY. Tylko gdzie ja będę ciąć tą cegłę? Sąsiedzi mnie zlinczują! haha
      Dzięki za miłe słowa! Buziaki :)))

      Delete
  3. So lovely! Looks like you're settling in quite nicely after your move :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! :) There is still a lot of things that we need to be done but we are slowly getting there :)

      Delete
  4. It looks great, I love the contrast of the natural wood against the walls and bed linen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jenni! I also quite like the rough look of it :)

      Delete
  5. It looks awesome! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that you like it :) Grazie mille!

      Delete
  7. it looks great. It would be really easy to add a shelf part way down, then you could have a wicker basket in there holiding other stuff that you do not necessarily want on display, like glasses and earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, this is a really good idea :) Thanks for your suggestion!

      Delete
  8. I like it! I also love the lamp on your nightstand, its clean chic adds that certain sort of modernity to the old wood of the crate, wonderful!
    Liann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fajna sypialnia! Kocham przerabiać! Nasze łóżko jest wykonane z drewnianych palet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I agree, you have to have a night table for all your stuff! I have a lamp on mine, a vase with a flower, a picture of me and my Dad when I was 4 years old, alarm clock and a glass of water. I would have hidden the water and clock in the photo too! I hope to paint my night tables in the spring when the weather is nicer.
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I am planning on redoing my bedroom so I am on the lookout for great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look created using crates. Its just such a nice idea which adds so much personality.
    It looks really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! I love the print on the table as well, great colors! Would love it if you linked up at Link it Or Lump It Link Party http://www.sohosonnet.com/link-it-or-lump-it/link-it-or-lump-it-link-party-28/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the funnest nightstands I have seen in a long time. It looks so good with your decor!!!
    You really have an eye for decorating!!
    Hoping you have a terrific Tuesday…. :)
    xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it and your room is gorgeous, by the way! Thanks for sharing at our link it or lump it party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for linking up with The Party Bunch... Love it! I am pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! I'm definitely interested in making one of my own. The only question I have is whether you are ever worried about how sturdy it might be? I was considering putting one in my living room and if it didn't have books in the bottom, whether I should worry about it getting knocked over. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love the crate nightstand and it gives the room a warm and cozy feel. Great DIY project ~ great to see that you shared it on your #simplybebetsy gallery.

    Best to you,
    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete

You might also like