Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY - Lemon hand lotion

pink and yellow color inspiration

What can be better on a dark, moody day like today, than injecting a little bit of energetic lemon into our lives? I love lemons not only for their vivid, yellow color but also for miraculous properties. With the harsh winters we experience here in Poland (-20'C last year, I swear!) it's always good to have some skincare treats at home. And since I like to try new, fun things at home (in my little apothecary) I want to share with you my new, easy peasy lemon squezzy hand lotion :D

Packed in a little container with a heart on top of it, it can be a cute Valentine's day gift idea for your friends and family. Who said Valentine's day is only for 'the one and only'? ;)

yellow, pink and white photography

DIY Lemon hand lotion

You will need:

- Glycerin
- 6 table spoons of lemon juice
- Empty, air tight container


Valentine's day gift idea

Directions:

Simply mix the ingredients and place in the container. Then apply to your hands and enjoy the smoothing, moisturizing effect. 


dmowe kosmetyki

That's it! I hope you enjoyed my little treat today. I have to say I like the color combination of yellow, pink, white with pop of green against light gray backgruond. What do you think about it?    


Follow Passion shake on  Bloglovin Pinterest Facebook

Linking up to these lovely parties!


22 comments :

  1. the smell must be heavenly!!!and I love the packaging:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm....przydałby mi się taki:) tylko nie wiem, czy bym go wcześniej nie zjadła:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a perfect hand lotion. I bet it smells wonderful and your photos are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this at Sewlicious Home Decor! I pinned it to the party board and the Spa board! :)

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this color combination and your simple and cute packaging :)
    Where do you buy glycerin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my local pharmacy or online pharmacy ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. That's too easy! I can't wait to try out with my teen, she'll love this. Thanks for sharing, coming from What to do Weekends. Please come see me at gurvygreen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) Easy projects are the best, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  6. I'm always looking for new lotions to try, having sensitive skin, so I can't wait to try out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try this! (I'm addicted to hand cream and lemons!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :) now i'm also addicted to making them haha

      Delete
  8. I bet this smells great! Also, your photos are beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura :))) Happy that you like it x

      Delete
  9. Hi Aga! Wonderful tutorial, i love using lemon on my hands, it's made my nails so strong recently! Can you send me an email? I have a proposition for you claire (at) hearthandmade (dot) co (dot) uk xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is an amazing idea! I love the idea of a lemon hand lotion, as it will not only moisturize our skin, it will also leave a zesty and citrus-like smell onto our hands, which I think is just simply marvelous. Thanks for this tutorial. :D
    Weston Adams

    ReplyDelete

You might also like