I'm sure you would agree that there are some things that cannot be replaced with handmade creations, unless you are a super-craft-hero! :) On the other hand, many of the items, we see in stores are DIY-able and very much worth the effort for two main reasons: we get to customize what we make and we save money. Sounds convincing right? So today I want to show you 5 projects that are on my - don't buy, DIY list. They might not be revolutionary but still... I'm determined to make these things and hopefully it will happen soon!
1. Honeycomb shelves - This project is definitely my favorite but also the most difficult. Ideally, you would need one of those big wood-cutting machines, or know somebody who owns one. Do you? :) Don't panic, you might try being nice to the guys in your local hardware store and ask them to cut the panels for you (smile and it will work!) Once you have the pieces cut, follow this tutorial to complete the rest of the project or you can buy it from here.
2. Ladder - I've been looking for a nice ladder to add to my bedroom for several months but it turns out it's not so easy to find the perfect height, style and color at the same time. So it got me thinking, wouldn't it be easier to make my own? Tutorial here.
3. Cabinets on wheels - If you like to move your furniture as much as I do, this one is for us. For this project I would use simple Ikea cabinet + set of wheels from a local hardware store. Or if you want to DIY it from scratch you can also make your own cabinet!
4. Belt mirror - All you need for this project is a mirror and a belt (or two - depending how big your mirror is) Have a look at the tutorial here.
5. Mettalic sacks - It's a great alternative to 'Le sac en papier' bag. You can spray paint it any color you like. Awesome idea, don't you think? I absolutely love it! Tutorial here.
So would you prefer to buy or diy these things? You already know my answer!
Have a nice evening!