Sunday, June 29, 2014

My dining corner

Scandinavian style



Hello, hello! How is your weekend so far? If you follow my blog, or had a look at my about me page you noticed that apart from my full-time responsible job I occasionally work as a freelance interior designer and stylist. And yes I do, as much as I can as design and home decorating is what I am really passionate about. My 'clients' are mainly...my friends (of course) as I don't have professional qualifications but this might change soon. Here comes the news - I wasn't really mentioning it before but I was attending an interior design course, which mainly focused on how to plan internal spaces with regards to the physical and functional features and what's more important how to use the professional design programs to make a 3D project.

If you wonder why, well, of course one of the main reasons was to master my skills and learn something new but the second main one was a real client with real expectations. Not a friend this time. The client got to me through one of the spaces I helped to renovate and asked me to home stage his apartment. Nothing big, just refresh it and style it for sale. At first I completely freaked out, and then I thought to myself that it's a great opportunity so I might as well say yes. If you are scared of something, or don't know how to do it say YES and worry later (sounds crazy but it really works for me!)
The client was not in a rush because the current tenancy contract was coming to an end only in July so I had time to prepare for it. I always like to have professional approach even when it's not required - in this case it was making a graphic visualization of what I had in mind. 
I could have communicated the design of the place to my friends through showing images on Pinterest and explaining my ideas, but in this case I needed something more than that. And that required a little bit of extra knowledge. So I have been studying and wanted to throw my laptop out of the window on average 1-2 times a day but it was worth it. Turned out, not for the client himself, as he changed his mind about selling his place, but for my own personal experience. The tenants decided to prolong their contract for one more year, and he obviously agreed. No hard feelings, in fact I'm really glad that this situation pushed me to take this course and I'm sure sooner or later this knowledge will be useful :) 

photos, flowers

And now after this long story, I want to show you my little dining corner. As you can probably tell, it's not finished yet. There will be some art and prints on the wall as soon as I manage to organize and frame them all, but this is how it looks for now.

Eames chairs

Have you ever taken interior design course? What is your experience? Come for a cup of coffee so we can chat :)
Have a nice Sunday and If you want to see some other corners of my home click here.


Follow Passion shake on  Bloglovin Pinterest Facebook


13 comments :

  1. I would love to come for a cup of coffee but I'm a bit too far, so maybe let's have a virtual one? :) Your corner looks great.
    I'm sure what you have learned will be useful in the future, actually it already is in your own apartment.
    Have a nice Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's have a virtual then! Thank you Ida, it's still very (very,very,very) basic knowledge but a good start for sure :) Hugs x

      Delete
  2. Aguś ja wiem ,że TY sobie poradzisz ....masz dobry gust i oko do wnętrz więc to już połowa sukcesu !!!!! a ja mam podobne wizje swojej przyszłości :))))) buziole kochana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki, strasznie mi miło Aga :))) .Chwilowo temat upadł, może za rok powróci. Ah ale fajnie by było działać we 'wnętrzach'... ta nasza wizja musi się spełnić! :) bużka!

      Delete
  3. Super, że podjęłaś wyzwanie i ukończyłaś taki kurs - może i ja się kiedyś zdecyduje? A kąt jadalny fajny, chociaż stół machnęłabym na czarno :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stół właściwie jest tymczasowy bo docelowo ma być biały :P taki przynajmniej był plan ale kto wie czy po drodze ta wersja się jeszcze nie zmieni :) Aniu naprawdę zachęcam...taki kurs to calkiem fajna sprawa :) obsługa programów nie jest łatwa ale wszystko jest do ogarnięcia :) Bużka

      Delete
  4. I glad to see that you had this opportunity .The professional approach is an important .I wish you success in interior design .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Galina! :) If I ever have an opportunity to work in interior design - I won't say no for sure :)
      Hugs x

      Delete
  5. "If you are scared of something, or don't know how to do it say YES and worry later" - like that x milion :) my approach for sure and I support yours too - good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done. I did an interior design course- online based. It was really good, and coming into its own now that I am buying an apartment that is being renovated. It would be great to do it for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like children bedroom, teenage bedroom must be inspiring too. It must be able to lead them to be the better person. There are many teenage bedroom ideas out there. All of them appear with their uniqueness. For the outline, teenage bedroom is not too different with the usual room decoration. It appears with the modern or the classic style. The difference is just located at the detail. In the detail, teenage bedroom needs a private touch.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like